Tuesday 16 March 2010

Carers and rainy days...

Well, how does it go?
Into each life a little rain must fall...

This week? well, just like these wee cat's, I feel I need a great, big umbrella to hide under too!


So much for the few days Coo was a bit more settled, this week has been a struggle.
Coo's seizure level is through the roof...again, he has double vision on and off and is asleep a lot of the time.
We went for his usual 2 weekly blood tests and for once Coo told our doctor how things really are - normally he needs to be prompted to open up as he prefers just to get the bloods done and go.
Our GP is a nice guy, he really is a very patient person and took the time to listen. Coo say's he's feeling low as his body is hurting from all the seizures, his muscles are all sore and at the minute, he's just generally fed up of the whole thing.
I guess I can't blame him, it's been a long road for Coo and I, even after all the new drugs he's tried, seizure control is no better than it was years ago so I suppose he's entitled to feel a bit down, God knows I would!

The blood results are in and the AED (anti epilepsy drug) levels are high yet again so now we need to decide if we want to stick, keep the current dose and hope things settle or gamble and lower the meds and risk another seizure increase!
Poor Coo, what a decision!

Wish us luck and let's hope this particular little rainy season ends soon, land sakes I sure could use a rainbow or at the very least some new jazzy wellies!LOL

To sunny weather!
Love maz x

3 comments:

Sapphyre said...

Here's hoping for a rainbow with a pot of gold at the end!

Maz said...

Hi - now wouldn't that be nice! LOL
maz x

Hua said...

Hey Maz,

Looks like you've been busy but in a good way. I can't wait for the really warm weather either!

I found your blog while searching for unique and helpful content on care giving. I think you could benefit from sharing your personal story to an audience of people seeking information on care giving. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of over 3,000 of the web's best health writers, including doctors, patient experts and people pursuing healthy living. 

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks