Friday 11 January 2013

Carers influence where you can...

Hi guys, I've been out visiting with my Local Authority again!

They're setting up a new community website that will include loads of information, from whats happening in the local area, to information and assistance, even help to access services. It sounds like a-one-stop-information-shop kinda deal and just what we could all be looking for!

I'm glad Carers and service users have been asked to contribute to this. All too often, these things are completed before anyone bothers to ask Carers and usually vital information that could make a real difference is just not included!

It sounds like this will be a really good resource!
There will be sections on current services, personalisation and Self Directed Support and that's great as lot's of people haven't got their head around the concept...yet!
Access to this type of website can only help people see how good SDS can be and with proper respite and support services, just what can be achieved...I know it's working well for us!

It's having the SDS in place that makes it possible for me to take some time out and contribute to things like this and I think it's important more Carers get a chance to raise their voice too and hopefully this new resource will help them to do just that!
I think things are slowly improving for Carers but we've still got a long way to go!

I think this new resource will be another step in the right direction and that can only be a good!
(((hugs)))
Maz x

No comments: