Follow by Email

Sunday, 28 February 2010

Coo's on the up...

Hi Guys, I'm please to report Coo is back on the up...thank goodness for that! LOL
He's not brilliant but he's a whole lot better than he was and that's the main thing!

It's funny, when things are really stressed and the care role is so intense you kinda go onto auto-pilot a bit - well at least I do and I suspect I'm not alone in that. It's only as things settle a bit, you realise how heavy going the whole thing has been...does that make any sense?

I'm just glad the last few days are over and hoping Coo stay's on a more even keel...well, even for him! LOL
Honestly there was a time when I couldn't have contemplated coping with so many seizures, I thought ten a day was a real handful then!
Now?
Ten a day's a doddle, in fact that's probably a good day!
I guess being a Carer makes you more resilient, somehow you just manage and find a way forward!

Incidently, I did get my much needed time out yesterday so I shopped till I dropped and stopped for lunch with my mum and best of all to finish up - it was a Looby night!



So just like these two wee babies there was some sleep for me too! Woo hoo!


I don't know how I'd manage now without those precious 2 nights sleep, they make such a difference. Today I'm doing ok, after yesterdays lovely timeout, I've woken up all refreshed and new and ready to start again! LOL

I hope, where you are, you're doing ok too!

maz x

6 comments:

Sapphyre said...

Fantastic news! I was getting a bit worried there for a while... probably not as worried as you!

And yes, we definitely run on autopilot.... DH and I went away for the weekend... and he was so anxious and sickly, we hardly did anything and he slept a lot. Oh well. At least we didn't have to do anything for a change ;)

maz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to auto-pilot then! LOL
It's a bit like that when Coo and I go away - he say's, for me, it must be like going away with our kids when they were small as he's asleep by 8-ish ! LOL
I always say...we came for a rest anyways!

maz x

Robert said...

The effects of stress usually occur after the event. It's like you said, when things get difficult you go on auto-pilot - do what you gotta do - until the emergency is over. Then you can release the built-up stress.

It's great to learn that Coo has improved. You must be very releived!

maz said...

Yes, it was a bit scary!
We all live to fight another day! LOL
maz x

ladythinker said...

Hi Maz, Long time since I've been thisaway - I'm so glad you managed to get some retail therapy in - and lunch with Mum too - how lovely.

What would we do with out 'auto pilot'. Would prefer a spot of cruise control though - it sounds less stressful.

maz said...

Yes! seems like we all admit to the auto pilot! LOL
nice to see you dropping by!

maz x