Saturday 7 July 2012

Review news at last...

Hi Guys, the care package review is now done too so.... 
a great big woo hoo!

It's really a huge sigh of relief all around!
SDS - Self Directed Support- is a new system and we were a bit worried that, in the end, it wouldn't deliver the services we need. To be honest, I was beginning to think this review was stuck in reverse gear, then all of a sudden, it's done and dusted at last!

Coo and I can let go of all those worries about finance, safe in the knowledge the funding is here now to cover all the care costs and outcomes for the coming year.
We know, we are lucky to have such a supportive local authority that understands the issues, struggles and  really, the demands there are, dealing long term with such a difficult disability and we truly appreciate all the support they have given us.
God alone knows how we'd fare without it -  I still remember those dark days when Coo and I struggled on alone. Trust me, it was not a happy time for either of us that's for sure!

I'm just glad it's over and we can confidently move on now.

The forcast this week is for some sunshine and now, with this resolved, I'm sure I can forcast some sunshiney thoughts for us too!  lol
I'm feeling positive things are improving for Coo and I!
Happy Days!

I sure hope you're having some sunshiney thoughts where you are too and if you're stuck in review? Don't give up hope, sometimes things do work out for the best!
Keep strong,
(((hugs)))
Maz x

No comments: