Friday 22 January 2010

Reflection on 2009...

Hi Guys, I found these questions on Carer, worker, mother, wife's blog and found them interesting so I've decided on a little 2009 reflection myself...

What was your biggest triumph in 2009?
Getting my Carer poems published with funding from NHS

What was the smartest decision you made in 2009?
To employ some time managment.

What one word best sums up and describes your 2009 experience?
Roller-coaster!LOL

What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2009?
If you try...sometimes, you get what you need!

What was the most loving service you performed in 2009?
Supported my mum, made her smile and shop! during her own health issues this year.

What is your biggest piece of unfinished business in 2009?
Carer poverty is still very much an unfinished issue.

What are you most happy about completing in 2009?
The march down the Royal mile and speaking at the parliament rally.

Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life in 2009?
*Coo, who constantly struggles and all with a smile that reminds me every day why I love him.
*My mum, she's battled with cancer this year and smiled on through tough times too.
*Looby - without her willingness to help, I'd never have any respite or sleep time!

What was the biggest risk you took in 2009?
Signing up for a local island sponsored walk - I didn't think I'd make it all the way around the island but I did...eventually!

What was the biggest surprise in 2009?
A wonderful gift of a relaxing spa day from Coo's mum!

What important relationship improved the most in 2009?
My Dad and I, we've always been close but he was so proud I spoke out for Carers at the Parliament!

What compliment would you liked to have received in 2009?
I like your Carer prose - very powerful...and I got it too from a work colleague!
What compliment would you liked to have given in 2009?
To Coo - you are everything, your star still shines brightly, you're still the one and I love you.

What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2009?
I'm not sad 2009 has gone.
It's been a bit of a roller coaster ride for sure but we've both come out stronger than ever and still with a smile too!
Speaking of which...
Now, do these birds look like a pretty cool smile to you? LOL

Keep smiling and stay strong!
maz x

4 comments:

karen said...

I think that is god smiling at us. Way cool. I checked at the other blog . I like it .Thanks.Great reflections.

Robert said...

Are you going to share any of your carer poems with us? (Or have I just missed them?)

Maz said...

Hi guys, Karen that's a lovely way of looking at it, God aure could be smiling there!
Some poems are here already Robert and I'll post some of the others - I promise!

maz x

Sapphyre said...

I'm touched! I better read your blog now :)