Wednesday 4 June 2014

Back in antibio-land,SDS & Carers Week...

Hi guys, we're struggling this week and we're back in anti-bio-land...again!

Coo's chest infection has returned. With a wheeze like an old horse and phlegm and the dreaded increase in seizures, I kinda guessed as much - so he's on the antibiotics for another run!

We'll be living quietly this week and hoping things quickly improve as it's 'Carers Week' next week!
It's a busy week!
Previously, at this time of year, a bout of really poor health with Coo, would have had a devastating impact. All my plans and respite time, days out I'd so looked forward to and doing things that are good for me, would have all been cancelled as I'd have to stay home.
Fast forward to today and it's a different story all together!
Our SDS (Self Directed Support) care package, gives me the control, flexibility and the freedom really, to just manage to get out, to do the things that are important to me and just to live really!
What a positive change!
I know not all Carers are as well supported! Too many still struggle on alone with little real help or respite, in what is a very difficult and challenging path and that's why Carers week is so important!

Please support Carers Week, if you see Carer items in the news on the telly or even on your high street, spare a kind thought for all those Carers just doing the best they can for a loved one!
(((hugs)))
Maz x

No comments: