Saturday 25 July 2015

Carers to Top it all - health issues and hassles...

Hi guys what a week it turned out to be for us!

Health issues galore here!
Me first...
It seems on top of the neck problems, neuropathic pain, wear and tear and degenerative disc of recent months, I've now developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
I've had wrist pain on and off for ages and I did speak to our GP about it around two years ago too. He advised me to use a wrist support, rest it and if it didn't go away, come back and see him - it went away and so did I! lol Next time it hung around for a few days again too but this time, despite resting it and using an ugly splint support, it's been over a week and no joy so...I think I'll go see our GP now and deal with it!
Coo's up next...
Ok it's not as if Coo needs another illness, well to be fair, who does!
In recent years, Coo's always been prone to coughs and chest infections after a nasty bout with Aspiration Pneumonia during an increased and prolonged seizure activity period. Anyways, he's had a persistent cough for months now so after yet more tests his latest xrays show he has COPD - (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease).
I know he's been more 'gurgley and phlegmy' during seizures but I thought it was maybe yet another chest infection brewing - seems this is all par for the course with COPD and in our case seizures thrown in the mix!
We're just kinda regrouping a little and getting our heads around things. It'll be ok!
In happier news...
Wee Jessie's latest surgery for Hip Dyspalsia went well - she's up and around and doing grand!
and her wee sister's hip scan went well - surgeon will keep an eye but...no more harness or Spicas for Islay! woo hoo! Thank goodness for that!
and to finish on a sunny note...

The sun came out this week, both Coo and I felt good on Wednesday too so we got out for a wee cycle! Yeah!
A good day and both hale and hearty? What a blessing!



We're doing ok and I hope you are too!
(((hugs)))
Maz x

No comments: