Friday 10 May 2013

Struggles, Seizures and Angels with one wing...

Hi guys, it's been a rough few days,

Coo is still very poorly. His seizures have not really settled much so we've been living quietly.

Our doctor has been on the phone too, seems Coo's blood results and white cells are high too but is it infection or stress to blame?
Well, we're not really sure but thankfully he's a little better tonight so we'll just keep an eye on things, see how it goes and re-test more bloods again  this week - poor Coo feels like a pin-cushion!
He was a bit brighter yesterday afternoon so the boys (our son and son in law), took him out golfing for a bit, it really tires him out but the benefits outweigh this as it gives him some much needed time out of the house and some fresh air about him too!

Thank goodness we have our SDS (Self Directed Support) care-package! However bad it gets tonight, I know tomorrow night, Looby will take over care and...I will sleep!
It wasn't always this way, I used to only snatch sporadic sleep here and there when I could - God alone knows how I coped! I sure wouldn't want to go back there again!
It's a massive difference for both Coo and I, our quality of life is far better than it was too. All this just shows, how much better things can be for Carers when they have proper respite and are supported.
I'm greatful, our Local Authority is supportive and our care package works so well. I only wish it were so for all Carers and by working together, surely one day it will be!

Every so often this wee verse seems to find it's way to me and when it does I always post it...
*We are each of us angels, with only one wing.
We can only fly by embracing each other.
 - Luciano De Crescenzo

Isn't that a pretty phrase? I think so! It always inspires me and I think it's really so very apt for Carers.


Keep strong and remember to look after you!
(((hugs)))
Maz x