Monday 28 October 2019

Still Caring, involved, struggling and coping!

Hi guys, it's been a while hasn't it!
I'm still hanging on in there - I seldom type now as the Rheumatoid Arthritis takes over but I'm still in there alive kicking and still caring!

Caring has increased, for us both... 

Coo's seizure pattern is erratic at best but we manage and just take each day as it comes.

Steadily my rheumatoid issues have taken over and Coo is helping me with buttons, fasteners, knobs, all the fiddly things and...well you get the picture and I'm still managing around all the seizure activity - it is what it is but I sometimes wonder just who is caring for who!

SDS...
Our SDS care package is very much life changing - I can still get out, be involved with meetings and do things that are important to and for me and I think that's the main advantage of jumping through all the hoops to set it up in the first place!

Health and Social Care...
We had a paper at our last meeting - HSCP (Health and Social Care Partnership) on carers and short breaks and the new carers support plan and as people find out more about it and things are agreed with carers - isn't it just great that the carer rep is able to be fully involved as SDS (Self Directed Support) is already in place - isn't that how it should be everywhere? I know it isn't but it should be!

I still feel it's only by truly working together we can really change things for carers and I guess that's why I try to keep my pledge and make sure carers voices are heard!
Keep strong!
((hugs))
Maz x

No comments: